CBN Application Guidelines
CBN Tools are offered in three grades of strength and offer consistent finishing in continuous or interrupted cutting. Unlike PCD tools, they maintain thermal stability and hardness levels in higher temperature applications.
See the application guidelines below to reference the tool perfect for your application.
High strength for interrupted and roughing cuts in
- Pearlitic Gray Cast Iron
- Tool and Die Steels
- Hard Facing Alloys
- Powder Metals
- Finishing of Ni- and Co-based Superalloys
Best choice for hard turning of hardened steels (>45 HRc)
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- High fracture toughness
- Excellent chemical stability
- Tight part dimensional control
- Consistent surface finish in continuous and interrupted cuts